Sunday, June 15, 2008
Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri) is an Herb That Increases Intelligence ...
* Brahmi is high in minerals, such as calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, aluminium and iron. It is a relaxant to the whole nervous system and increases sex drive; it is cerebrovascular stimulating, a circulatory stimulant, and it accelerates wound healing. It helps eliminate excess fluids, decreases fatigue and depression, useful for connective tissue disorders, kidney stones, poor appetite and sleep disorders.
* It is an classical Ayurvedic brain tonic. Traditionally it has been used to improve memory and learning, increase intelligence, reduce depression, promote longevity, and decrease senility. It has been widely used to treat a variety of psychological, behavioral and cognitive problems. It is commonly used in herbal supplements for problems like Epilepsy, Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Alzheimers disease, ADHD in children and for enhancing memory and learning skills. It supports the nervous system, particularly the hippocampus in the brain, allowing the body to maintain old nerve cells and synthesize new ones more quickly. Bacopa helps in repair of damaged neurons by enhancing kinase activity, neuronal synthesis and restoration of synaptic activity and ultimately nerve impulse transmission, thus helps in Alzheimers and other degenerative disorders of brain.
* Concentrated extract of Brahmi contains the active molecules Bacoside A &B. Bacoside A assists in the release of Nitric oxide, that causes the relaxation of the aorta and veins and allows blood to flow more smoothly though the body. Bacoside B is a protein that nourishes the brain cells. Triterpenoid saponins and Bacosides of Bacopa monnieri play key role for enhancing nerve impulse transmission. Herasaponin present in Bacopa exhibits calming sedative action and thus reduce sleeplessness.
* Biochemically, nervous-system effects of Brahmi have been attributed to an enhancement of the effects of the neurotransmitters acetylcholine and possibly serotonin or GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid).
* It Increases learning abilities in mentally retarded children, increases memory, improves concentration power, helps to decrease anxiety in depressive patients and helps in decreasing stress induced high blood pressure.
You can buy Brahmi here